domingo, marzo 25, 2007

Bubble of hate.

Probably nobody will read this paper, taking into consideration this one has been writing in English but I want to point it to people in the entire planet about the current political situation in my country, Spain (my opinion). I’ll develop my arguments and it could be I’m wrong but I have my reason and the main feature of this page is its name: dialectics. I don’t need insults or lies to support my ideas.

I see the political panorama in Spain with concern. I don’t want to defend one or the other part in the conflict, so I will give my opinion of the several parts.

PSOE (Spanish Social-democrat Party) won the elections and they’re ruling without majority in the Congress so they need political support from smallest parties, mainly communists and nationalists. Their main features have been tolerance and dialogue with all political spectrum but they didn’t reach agreements with the Popular Party (PP), so little by little PP opposition was going harder and harder (in the other hand, PP has practically been isolated). I think this position had been less radical if the government’s legal and political proposals had been more moderated but we must think who the government’s supporters are. The rights for homosexual collective, the discussion of Ibarretxe’s plan for the Basque Country in the Congress, the new Catalonian Statute that establish Catalonia as a nation into a bigger nation (Spain), the international relations in the first period that contemplated bad relations with USA (don’t forget Zapatero’s scorn to the American troops during the National Day’s parade) and good with leaders like Hugo Chávez or Evo Morales (this was more exaggerated by the conservative media that in reality) or the dialogue with ETA. We can discuss all these subjects but we must respect the game’s rules. This situation gives a bad image over the people who thinks everything is useful for their political targets so this can be bad for future behaviour if PP recovers in the next elections (because probably they will not reach majority and they won’t do so much considering their isolation). And contrary, I think we have other and more important problems like housing, international terrorism (don’t forget recent Al Qaeda’s threats), emigration or equalize incomes among people and territories. Summing up: the opposition should assume and respect other opinions, considering more people are supporting government’s projects (although I think the best for us would be a big agreement in capital aspects). If they still follow this hard line it can have feedback consequences: they can lose a lot of people in the political centre (it can basic in the next elections).

Finally, I think things are not bad. There are only uncertain subjects as the political problem in the Basque Country and one of the government’s missions is solving it (with or without dialogue). I don’t want to extend so much about the current situation but the economy (globally) lives one of the best moments, Spain is well-known and admired in many countries because our solidarity and cooperation (and not because military occupations) and our international importance is bigger day by day. Spain needs moderation, good rulers and common targets for all us, so politicians: change your chips, please!!